Why use anti-allergen spray to get dust mites?
- Neutralises Allergens – not just dust mite allergens, but also pet dander, cockroach droppings, mould and other protein based allergens.
- Non-toxic – Our anti-allergen spray’s active ingredients are also used as food additives and oral hygiene products (mouthwash).
- Fungicidal – neutralises mould allergens, but also kills mould and inhibits its growth**, reducing dust mite populations by reducing access to a food source.
- Anti-bacterial – has an antiseptic effect, reducing bacterial populations and inhibiting their re-growth.
- Reduces Your Housework Load – avoid washing difficult soft furnishings.
Want to get mites away from your sensitive airways? Get mites out of your clothing, bedding and soft furnishings? Well, firstly you should know that if you have rhinitis (hay fever) due to dust mites, you’re actually allergic to the proteins that dust mites excrete. To put it bluntly, you’re allergic to dust mite droppings and vomit. Dust mites love the modern home and they will secrete digestive enzymes on to their food before ingesting it and their droppings also contain allergy-irritating proteins.
Dust mite sprays that only kill mites are not effective in reducing allergy symptoms because the proteins (dust mite allergens) that cause the dust mite sensitivity remain. Our anti-allergen spray changes the form of allergy-causing proteins and encapsulates the remainder. You need a spray that neutralises (denatures) the proteins produced by the dust mite that we react to, to reduce your rhinitis symptoms. Our anti-allergen spray will also neutralise other allergy-causing proteins such as pet dander, pollen, cockroach droppings and mould.
Where to use our household dust mite allergen spray?
- Mattress I use dust mite spray on my mattress every six months.
- Hard to Wash Clothing. Hay fever triggered by stored clothing? I spray infrequently worn (and infrequently washed) jackets an hour before wearing them.
- Cushions – can be hard work to wash and dry; a quick spray keeps the sneezes away.
- Fabric Armchairs and Upholstered Lounge Suites – spray is perfect for soft furniture and will reduce their allergen loads without the inconvenience and effort of removing fabric covers, in order to wash them.
- Carpets. Allergy researchers have shown that you can actually raise the population of allergy-causing mites by vacuuming too frequently (every second day).* Use anti-allergen dust mite spray in conjunction with a moderate vacuuming routine to reduce hay fever symptoms.
* Wassenaar, D. P. J. “Effectiveness of Vacuum Cleaning and Wet Cleaning in Reducing House-dust Mites, Fungi and Mite Allergen in a Cotton Carpet: A Case Study.” Exp Appl Acarol Experimental & Applied Acarology: 53-62. Print.
** Anti-dust mite allergen active ingredients are anti-microbial (fungicidal – controls Aspergillus penicilloies and A. amstelodami, mould which symbiotically assist dust mites in pre-digesting their food and is also anti-bacterial).